We are looking for people aged 18+ who would enjoy working with a professional team to enable the smooth running of this unique event.
– Prior experience of stewarding/volunteering and/or first aid training is useful but not essential.
– You need to be available for the practice run 9am-6pm, Sun 15 May & 10am-6pm Sat 21 May
– You will be able to see this unique performance up close as you work, meet the performers & choreographers and learn more about the processes behind such large-scale outdoor dance.
– Free lunch, refreshments, tea/biscuits will be provided throughout.
– You will also get an ICIA discount ticket offer.
To get involved or for more info email Charlotte by 9th May: c..uk
About the work
Originally presented in two central London squares for Dance Umbrella Festival, acclaimed choreographer Rosemary Lee and her collaborators Fiona Millward, Henrietta Hale and Ben Ash have worked with local performers from Bath to re-create Melt Down & Rising for two iconic locations in the heart of city. At specific times throughout the day a cast of women will pass fleetingly through The Circus and an all male cast will melt down under the boughs of a fir tree in Royal Victoria Park. These green havens will be momentarily transformed and leave lasting images imprinted in the mind of the spectators.
Presented by Bath Dance and ICIA, University of Bath for Bath International Music Festival.