B&NES Arts Bulletin
The JUNE 2013 edition of the Arts Bulletin is now available online. Below is a list of contents, followed by a link that takes you directly to the bulletin web-page.
Please send any contributions to our dedicated email address: .uk The copy deadline for the next edition is given at the bottom of this page, along with our Contributors’ Guidelines.
NEWS & VIEWS
1. Natural Diversions – new disabled artists’ street theatre company
2. New public art project for Keynsham
3. Meet Major Davis for an unusual tour of the Roman Baths
4. Roman Baths – national tourism excellence award
5. Bristol Opening Doors
6. One Thing I Know – new resource for creative companies
7. Free Health & Safety advice for festival and event organisers
8. CultureHive – sharing best practice in cultural marketing
9. Internships in the arts
EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS
1. Love Architecture Festival
2. Scheherazade – A Russian Extravaganza
3. Otherwise Unseen exhibition
4. Exhibitions – The lived experience of patients and Afterwards
5. Charlotte Sorapure – paintings and drawings
6. Summer Exhibition – Views of Fonthill Abbey
7. A Next Stage Taster Theatre – A Cup of Coward
8. Mike Perry – Môr Plastig: Flip Flops and Shoes
9. Festival of Stone
10. Culture, Health and Wellbeing International Conference
11. The Theatres Trust Conference – Thriving Theatres
12. Bath Box Office – Bath’s What’s On guide
1. Colour and Mark – painting and printing
2. Mentoring – The Next Creative Generation
3. Exploring arts marketing and communications
OPPORTUNITIES FOR ARTISTS
1. Bath Society of Artists – 108th annual open exhibition
2. Action for Children’s Art – Creative Learning Showcase
3. Walking Wiltshire’s White Horses 2 – collaborative project
4. Bristol Harbour Festival – entertainers, workshops, walkabout and décor volunteers
FUNDING & BURSARIES
1. Local DanceSeed Bursary Scheme (Small donations to fund training for the dance community in B&NES and Bristol)
2. Arts Council England – Grants for the Arts changes (Changes to the application and assessment process from 1 July 2013)
3. Momentum Music Fund (A new fund to support the development of talented emerging musicians and bands)
4. Skipton Building Society – Grassroots Giving (To help community groups who only have access to limited funding from elsewhere)
5. Heritage Lottery Fund -Your Heritage Programme (To make a lasting difference to heritage, people and communities in the UK)
6. Heritage Lottery Fund – First World War: then and now (To help communities mark the Centenary of the First World War)
7. BBC Performing Arts Fund – Theatre Fellowships (To support individuals through the early stages of their theatre making careers)
8. The Stanley Smith Horticultural Trust (For projects of significance to horticulture and horticultural education)
9. Carnegie Challenge Fund (To enable not-for-profit organisations to stage high calibre debates)
10. The Leche Trust (Assistance to academic, educational or other organisations concerned with music, drama, dance and the arts)
11. Santander Community Plus Fund (To support charities helping local disadvantaged people)
JOBS & VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES
1. Bath Festivals – two roles in marketing and communication
2. Paragon – Editor in children’s publishing
3. South Gloucestershire Council – Strive Dance Project Officer
4. Wiltshire Music Centre – Artistic Director
5. Bristol Old Vic – Deputy Young Company Director
ARTS BULLETIN WEBPAGE: www.bathnes.gov.uk/artsbulletin
Contributors please note: The deadline for the combined JULY & AUGUST 2013 edition is 10.00am, Thursday 13 June 2013. We regret that we cannot guarantee the inclusion of information received after this date.
We are looking for short and to-the-point items which convey your key message. Therefore, when you submit information to the bulletin, please note the standard format that we ask you to use:
1. Title of event/news item
2. Name of the promoting organisation and/or venue
3. Date (if relevant)
4. Description – two or three sentences capturing the essence of your event/news. Maximum 50 words.
5. Website address – for further information regarding your event/news. If a website is not available – an email address and phone number.
a) If you go above the 50-word limit we cannot guarantee to use your information.
b) We are now only featuring one event as a sample of your activities so – if you run a number of events in any one month – please decide which one you want to focus on. (The website link will enable people to see your other offerings).
c) Please send your information in Word format and keep the layout as simple as possible (no indents, centred text, etc.). Please do not send .pdfs.
d) Currently we are not using photos but you are welcome to send them for possible use at a later date (.jpg format). Please include a statement confirming that you hold the copyright or give details of who does. We may use them in future editions of the bulletin or on other pages of our website.
e) The Council reserves the right to edit – or not to publish – any submitted material.
The email address for bulletin information to be sent to is .uk
The B&NES Arts Bulletin is a free service provided by the B&NES Council’s Arts Development Team. It is provided for information only and Bath & North East Somerset Council cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. We are not able to endorse the quality of events, activities or courses organised by other individuals or organisations.