The MARCH 2014 edition of the Arts Bulletin is now available online. Below is a list of contents, followed by a link that takes you directly to the bulletin web-page.
Please send any contributions to our dedicated email address: .uk The copy deadline for the next edition is given at the bottom of this page, along with our Contributors’ Guidelines.
NEWS & VIEWS
1. Bath Fringe Bedlam Fair – Radiohead and fundraising success
2. Bath Comedy Festival – new Patrons
3. Creativity Works – new Director
4. Bath & North East Somerset Council website – event promotion opportunity
EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS
1. The Independent Bath Literature Festival
2. Bath Comedy Festival
3. Mid-Somerset Festival
4. Line Up Film Festival
5. Theatre Bath’s Networking Evening
6. 3rd Stage Dance Company – Day of Dance
7. Bath Choral Society Concert in Bath Abbey
8. The Little Gallery – Paintings by Pav Kot
9. Book Hive – the interactive, giant book sculpture
10. UK Theatre’s Touring Symposium 2014
11. Bath Box Office – What’s On information for the Bath area
1. Of This Parish – Sound Workshop
2. B&NES Council – How to write an Event Management Plan Free training session
3. Develop ECS – Introduction to Social Media
4. CulturEuro seminar –EU funding opportunities for arts & culture
5. Bristol CultureHive Surgeries on audience development
OPPORTUNITIES FOR ARTISTS
1. Bedlam Fair – call for performers of new work
2. Fringe arts Bath Open Art Prize 2014
3. Royal Photographic Society – International Print Competition
4. Fringe Arts Bath – callout for submissions
5. The Great British Sewing Bee (Series 3) – sewers wanted
FUNDING & BURSARIES
1. Bath & North East Somerset Council – Arts Micro Grants (For arts projects/activities within B&NES in 2014/15)
2. The Quartet Community Foundation – Express Grants Programme (For community groups making a difference in disadvantaged areas)
3. Arts Council England – National Portfolio Funding Programme 2015- 18 (Support for organisations that can help ACE deliver its national strategy and objectives)
4. BBC Children in Need – Small Grants Programme (For projects that combat disadvantage and improve children and young people’s lives)
5. Lloyds Banking Group – Social Entrepreneurs Programme (For individuals and organisations with project ideas to improve local communities)
6. The Elephant Trust (Grants to help new, innovative visual arts projects)
7. The Fidelio Trust Grants Programme (Supports the arts, esp. the dramatic and operatic arts, music, speech and dance)
JOBS & VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES
1. Low Profile – Project Producer: Picture in the Paper
2. Bath International Music Festival – volunteer Assistant Concert Managers
3. Natural Theatre Company – new Trustees and Chairperson
4. Arnos Vale Cemetery Trust, Bristol – Public Engagement and Collections Assistant (Internship)
5. Centre for Contemporary Art and the Natural World – Soil Culture Artist Residencies in the South West
ARTS BULLETIN WEBPAGE: www.bathnes.gov.uk/
Contributors please note: The deadline for the APRIL 2014 edition is 10.00am, Thursday 20 March 2014. We regret that we cannot guarantee the inclusion of information received after this date.
We are looking for short and to-the-point items which convey your key message. Therefore, when you submit information to the bulletin, please note the standard format that we ask you to use:
1. Title of event/news item
2. Name of the promoting organisation and/or venue
3. Date (if relevant)
4. Description – two or three sentences capturing the essence of your event/news. Maximum 50 words.
5. Website address – for further information regarding your event/news. If a website is not available – an email address and phone number.
a) If you go above the 50-word limit we cannot guarantee to use your information.
b) We are now only featuring one event as a sample of your activities so – if you run a number of events in any one month – please decide which one you want to focus on. (The website link will enable people to see your other offerings).
c) Please send your information in Word format and keep the layout as simple as possible (no indents, centred text, etc.). Please do not send .pdfs.
d) Currently we are not using photos but you are welcome to send them for possible use at a later date (.jpg format). Please include a statement confirming that you hold the copyright or give details of who does. We may use them in future editions of the bulletin or on other pages of our website.
e) The Council reserves the right to edit – or not to publish – any submitted material.
The email address for bulletin information to be sent to is .uk
The B&NES Arts Bulletin is a free service provided by the B&NES Council’s Arts Development Team. It is provided for information only and Bath & North East Somerset Council cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. We are not able to endorse the quality of events, activities or courses organised by other individuals or organisations.