The MARCH 2013 edition of the Arts Bulletin is now available online. Below is a list of contents, followed by a link that takes you directly to the bulletin web-page.
Please send any contributions to our dedicated email address: .uk The copy deadline for the next edition is given at the bottom of this page, along with our Contributors’ Guidelines.
NEWS & VIEWS
1. Bath & North East Somerset Council – Arts Micro Grants
2. Arts Bulletin for Bath & North East Somerset – Readers’ Survey
3. Saving music at The Bell Inn
4. Your Paintings website
5. Arts Council England – funding cuts to key arts organisations
6. Closure of Taunton’s Brewhouse Theatre and Arts Centre
7. Paying Artists survey
EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS
1. The Independent Bath Literature Festival
2. Tiny Monuments Exhibition
3. Mid Somerset Festival
4. Bath Digital Festival
5. Bath International Comedy Festival
6. Bath Affordable Arts Fair
7. The 24th Bath Decorative Antiques Fair
8. Holburne Museum – Folk’s Tales
9. Art at the Heart of the RUH – A Walk on the Wild Side
10. March events in Bradford on Avon
11. Roger Mayne – photographs and drawings
12. Bristol International Jazz & Blues Festival
13. Celebrating the Imagination (Part 1) – Frome
1. Royal Photographic Society – Creative Photography and Commerce
2. Victoria Art Gallery – Spring Surprise for children
3. Google – Grow Your Charity Online learning hub
4. ITC training – Project Management and Recruitment
5. Creative Training Hub – professional development programme
OPPORTUNITIES FOR ARTISTS
1. Creativity Works – Creative Supper Clubs
2. Young Crime Writers’ Competition – Bath
3. Komedia Bath – art selling opportunity
4. Bath Photomarathon
5. Fringe Arts Bath Open Competition
6. Corsham Film Festival – Call for short films from emerging film makers
7. Glastonbury Festival – poetry reading/performance opportunity
8. Artangel & BBC Radio 4 – open call for site-specific work
FUNDING & BURSARIES
1. Bath& North East Somerset – Arts Micro Grants (for local arts projects)
2. Heritage Lottery Fund – Sharing Heritage (Explore, share and celebrate your community’s heritage)
3. Hilden Charitable Fund – Summer Playscheme Grants (for children from refugee and ethnic minority families)
4. Lloyds Banking Group – Social Entrepreneurs Programme (Project ideas to improve local communities)
5. The Worshipful Company of Weavers – Benevolent Fund (Projects working with disadvantaged young people, offenders & ex-offenders)
6. Britten-Pears Foundation – New Music Commissions (High quality new music from talented composers)
7. Time to Change grants (bringing people with and without mental health problems together to challenge discrimination in their communities)
8. Foundation of Lower Saxony – the Edith-RussHaus for Media Art Grants and Awards (Media art productions and emerging artists)
9. IdeasTap University Fee Fund (Funds in exchange for creative ideas – for current or post-2006 students (BA/BMus) )
JOBS & VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES
1. Bath Festivals – Literature Producer
2. Oxjam Takeover Manager, Bath
3. Holburne Museum – volunteer roles
4. Wiltshire Council – commission re Art and Design in the Public Realm in Hilperton, Trowbridge
5. Bristol Old Vic – Producer (Outreach Department)
6. Curzon Community Cinema – Chief Executive
ARTS BULLETIN WEBPAGE: www.bathnes.gov.uk/artsbulletin
Contributors please note: The deadline for the APRIL 2013 edition is 10.00am, Thursday 21 March 2013. We regret that we cannot guarantee the inclusion of information received after this date.
We are looking for short and to-the-point items which convey your key message. Therefore, when you submit information to the bulletin, please note the standard format that we ask you to use:
1. Title of event/news item
2. Name of the promoting organisation and/or venue
3. Date (if relevant)
4. Description – two or three sentences capturing the essence of your event/news. Maximum 50 words.
5. Website address – for further information regarding your event/news. If a website is not available – an email address and phone number.
a) If you go above the 50-word limit we cannot guarantee to use your information.
b) We are now only featuring one event as a sample of your activities so – if you run a number of events in any one month – please decide which one you want to focus on. (The website link will enable people to see your other offerings).
c) Please send your information in Word format and keep the layout as simple as possible (no indents, centred text, etc.). Please do not send .pdfs.
d) Currently we are not using photos but you are welcome to send them for possible use at a later date (.jpg format). Please include a statement confirming that you hold the copyright or give details of who does. We may use them in future editions of the bulletin or on other pages of our website.
e) The Council reserves the right to edit – or not to publish – any submitted material.
The email address for bulletin information to be sent to is .uk