The Merlin Theatre, Frome have the opportunity for someone to join their happy team. We have created the new post of Operations Coordinator, so if you would like to work in a wonderful community theatre and have the appropriate skills, down load the application form and job description to apply.
Title: Operations Coordinator
Salary:£7,800 (15 hours per week)
Annual leave: 28 days including statutory holidays (pro rata)
Hours: 15 hours per week over 5 days. Occasionally includes evening or weekend. (No overtime is payable but there is a TOIL scheme in operation)
Responsible to: Artistic Director
Responsible for: Volunteers
Purpose of post:
• Responsible for the operational and day to day running of the Merlin Theatre.
• Ensure Merlin on line diary is up to date; college classes, events, companies, rehearsals and workshops are booked in.
• Ensure all areas of theatre are in an appropriate state to receive companies and public, ensuring all aspects of health and safety are adhered to.
• To ensure box office booking system and website are up to date with programme and workshops.
• Work with MTP (Merlin Theatre Productions) on in-house productions; booking rehearsals, and applying for licenses.
• To attend Frome College Campus meetings.
• To liaise with companies; issuing contracts, coordinating freelance technicians, hospitality and marketing requirements.
• Any other admin tasks required.
Human Resources Management and Communication:
• To work with all volunteers to ensure smooth running of theatre.
• To convene and service the Operational Sub Committee
• To ensure the theatre meets all the necessary health and safety, licensing and other legal obligations (guided by the Artistic Director and Board) as they apply to staff and volunteers, the public and visiting companies including bar licence and PRS.
Highly desirable but not essential:
• Experience working with volunteers
• Able to lead a team
• Able to work on own initiative
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
For more info please contact: Claudia Pepler – .uk or phone 01373 461360