The Theatre Bath Bus is a unique mobile venue which hosts an intimate auditorium on a converted single-decker bus. The project is entirely voluntary run and has been funded by donations from individual sponsors and local businesses. The aim of the bus is to enable art to be able to travel to the heart of local communities ensuring that access to the arts is available to as many people as possible.
The bus is managed by a small team of volunteers who give us their free-time to enable events to happen on the bus.
About The Role
You will be a member of a small team who is self-motivated, driven and keen to make your mark on a truly unique and special project. With a good eye for detail you will assist with the planning and implementation of marketing campaigns for the Theatre Bath Bus, and will be encouraged to use your creative flare and input to help realise the vision of the Theatre Bath Bus team.
The role will enable the right person to gain experience of marketing a unique project within an arts environment and for having creative ownership and output.
As the bus expands we envisage being able to offer clients freelance marketing support for their projects so there is a possibility of this role leading to paid freelance marketing work for other arts organisations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Helping to create and update marketing plans and strategies for the bus
- Running social media campaigns across various platforms
- Creating unique and interesting content and sharing across platforms
- Engaging with followers and supporters via social media and e-marketing
- Writing copy for press releases, flyers, brochures and online listings sites
- Targeting a range of different potential stakeholders and potential hirers including (but not limited to) schools, theatres, individual practitioners, businesses, festivals and events
- Image manipulation and editing using Photoshop and Illustrator or similar image editing software
- Creation of e-trailers and short videos of the bus marketing it as a resource
- Exploring unique and interesting options for marketing the bus to as wide an audience as possible including other theatre users and potential businesses
- Creating reports on the success and failures of all major marketing tactics and reporting this back to the management team
- Devising a marketing plan for the bus for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2018. This will include marketing the bus as a venue to potential hirers and looking at unique ways of marketing the bus once it is in situ in Edinburgh for the Fringe.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Giphy, Linked-in, Periscope and Snapchat
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Word & Excel
- Ability to work well under-pressure
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to motivate yourself and work without supervision
- Ability to work in a small team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- An interest in theatre and the arts
- Access to your own computer, laptop or Mac
- Experience of using WordPress Content Management System (CMS)
- Experience of using MailChimp for email campaigns
- Experience of using Photoshop, Indesign or equivalent design software
- Experience of video creation and editing
All volunteers will be required to help assist running a number of events (amount to be discussed) on board the bus.
Hours of Work:
The role can be as involved as you want it to be but we would anticipate you spending at least 12hrs a week working on the project and being available to attend committee meetings and other events as required by the volunteer management team.
Why volunteer to work for us?
By working with us you will gain valuable skills in the following areas:
- Project Management
- Arts Marketing for an innovative organisation
- Working to deadlines
- Communication and Networking
- Event Administration
- Health & Safety and Risk Assessment
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to make valuable contacts within the local and national theatre scene. It will allow you to discover what is already on offer in Bath and where and how your future project(s) can fit into Bath’s fantastic arts community.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this opportunity to: .uk – please do be creative with your cover letter, we’re looking from someone who has unique artistic flare.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 29 September – 5pm.