Music Bath Co-Ordinator
Theatre Bath is expanding. After supporting Theatre across the local area for over six-and-a-half years, we are looking to expand what we do to help champion the music scene in Bath as well. This role will be pivotal to the success of this new organisation.
We have watched as the music scene in Bath is slowly being marginalised. With the closure of many of the live music venues and lack of support from the Council we feel it is time to enable the music community to help itself and join forces, work together and have a single, strong voice to help strengthen the community.
Theatre Bath is currently run by a team of volunteers who form the management board. They will help with the start-up of Music Bath and be there to offer advice and guidance to the right candidate. It is anticipated that Music Bath will run separate and independently of Theatre Bath.
About The Role
This is a brand new voluntary role. You will get the opportunity to set up your own organisation which will help champion and promote music in the Bath area. This is a unique opportunity for you to take the reins and create your own stamp on Bath’s cultural landscape.
You will be passionate about all music. You will engage with everyone from buskers to choirs, rock music to opera and students to professional musicians. You will forge strong links with music venues and promoters and help share information about gigs, concerts, jobs, club nights, open mic sessions and festivals in the Bath area.
You will organise our famous informal networking evenings and bring together different members of the community to share information and best practices. Make new contacts and enable the sharing of ideas and connections.
You will engage with the Local Authority and funding bodies such as the Arts Council to see what can be done to help support music in Bath financially and see what opportunities there may be for funding music projects here.
You will build a team of volunteers around you, from a cross-section of the musical industries in Bath. They will help you run the dedicated website, organise reviews, publish press releases and share information via the dedicated social media feeds. The website could become the go-to place for music information in the Bath area. There will be space on the website to list musician’s information, gig listings, venue info, technical support, recording facilities and discount schemes.
Overall you will have passion, vision and the drive to make things happen. The ability to bring people together from all walks of life
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Taking the lead of a new organisation and deciding what direction to take it in.
– Making contact with all musical individuals, organisations, venues, promoters and festivals within the city.
– Creating and managing a team of volunteers to help you realise your vision
– Organising networking events for the music community
– Creating and maintaining a website which reflects and responds to the needs of the music community. Ensuring the content is up-to-date and relevant and help promote and share information for Bath’s music scene
– Attend events and conferences which help build the Music Bath brand and share information with local musicians
– Work with local festivals and events and help them to expand the reach of their audiences
– Create interesting and diverse social media feeds for the brand which help promote and champion local music, musicians and venues
– Seek out and share relevant articles from national publication which may be of interest to musicians locally
– Creating good relationships with a cross-section of musicians, venues, promoters, teachers, students and festivals
Required Skills and Experience:
– Experience of live events
– Good written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to work well under-pressure
– Effective time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
– Ability to motivate yourself and work without supervision
– Ability to work in and manage a small diverse team
– Exceptional organisational skills
– Excellent attention to detail
– An interest/appreciation of all genres of music
– Access to your own computer, laptop or Mac
Hours of Work:
The role can be as involved as you want it to be. You will get out what you put in so it is entirely up to you. When you first start it will take a considerable amount of time to get established but as you recruit more volunteers you can spread the work load between you.
Why volunteer to work for us?
By working with us you will gain valuable skills in the following areas:
– Project Management
– Arts Marketing for a small organisation
– Working to deadlines
– Communication and Networking
– Event Administration
– Health & Safety and Risk Assessment
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to make valuable contacts within the local and national music scene. It will allow you to discover what is already on offer in Bath and where and how your future project(s) can fit into Bath’s fantastic music community.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this opportunity to: .uk – please do be creative with your cover letter, we’re looking from someone who has unique artistic flare.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 29 September – 5pm.