WHY DON’T WE DO IT IN THE ROAD?
-Love, Sex & Violence on the Streets of Bedminster-
Saturdays 9, 16, 23 May
-with free Love, Sex & Violence for BS3 residents Saturday 9 May-
Show Of Strength’s hit outdoor show returns for 3 Saturdays from 9 May.
Meet a host of real life characters and extraordinary-but-true stories:
- Charlie Stephens, the Bedminster barber who went over Niagara Falls in a barrel
- Aldred Daw Collard, poet butcher of Bedminster with his chines & his rhymes
- Notorious impostor Princess Caraboo who now lies in Hebron Burial Ground
- And the £26,000,000 from the Brinks Mat Robbery that was melted down and laundered in Bedminster…
Join actors Kim Hicks and Chris Yapp for 2 separate 1 hour walks:
- 11am starts at The Steam Crane, 4-6 North Street, BS3 1HT (junction with Canon Street), ends noon at The Tobacco Factory, Raleigh Road, BS3 1TF
- 2pm starts at The Masonic, 110 North Street, BS3 1HF (opposite Gaywood House flats), ends 3pm St Catherine’s Precinct, East Street, BS3 4HG
- 1 walk £3; both walks £5.
- With free Love, Sex & Violence for BS3 residents! Prove your BS3 address & postcode (eg utility bill) on Saturday 9 May (only) – & see both shows free!
Full details, including 4 star reviews: http://showofstrength.org.uk
Part of Bristol Walking Festival; funded by Bedminster Town Team:
Sheila Hannon, Creative Producer, www.showofstrength.org.uk
0117 9020235 .uk
Photographs by Rosie Tomlinson and Jack Willingham